Slow Cooker Italian Beef
Servings 6 people
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 .7 ounce pkg. zesty Italian dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 16 ounce bottle sliced pepperoncini peppers drained
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 6 hoagie buns or rolls not included in nutrition information
- 6 slices provolone cheese not included in nutrition information
- Place sliced onion on the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season roast with salt and pepper, then sear each side in preheated skillet for 2-3 minutes until a crust forms on the outside of roast. Place seared roast in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and basil on top of the roast. Top roast with peppers and pour beef broth around the edges of the roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 9- 10 hours. Shred beef in the slow cooker using two forks. Serve on rolls and top with provolone cheese, if desired.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Italian Beef
Serving: 6.8ounces | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.7g | Protein: 34.4g | Fat: 10.3g