Baked Beef Chimichangas
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds stew meat or rump roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 Xtreme Wellness Tortilla Wraps
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, pico, avocado, etc not included in nutrition information
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place stew meat into a resealable gallon-sized bag and pour seasoning mixture on top. Seal bag and shake to evenly distribute seasoning.
- Pour seasoned meat into a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (no additional liquid needed). Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When done cooking, shred meat in slow cooker. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide meat evenly between tortillas (2.7 ounces each). Sprinkle 1⁄4 cup cheese on top of each tortilla then fold in opposite sides of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place each chimichanga seam-side down on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with desired toppings (not included in nutrition information).
MFP: MFF Baked Beef Chimichangas June 2021
Serving: 1 chimichanga | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.6g | Protein: 31.8g | Fat: 17.4g