Peach Protein French Toast Bake
Servings 8 people
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 15 ounce cans sliced peaches in light syrup drained
- 2 cups liquid egg whites
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 25 gram scoops whey vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in brown sugar, maple syrup and salt until smooth; remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread half the bread in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with half the sauce mixture and one can drained peaches. Repeat layers.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, milk, maple syrup, protein powder and vanilla extract.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Uncover and bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown on top and set in the center.
MFP: MFF Peach Protein French Toast Bake
Serving: 9.3ounces | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 59.4g | Protein: 20.2g | Fat: 6.4g