Honey Lime Chicken Empanadas
Servings 6 people
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cooked chicken finely diced
- 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 egg
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Add chicken to marinade, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine self rising flour and Greek yogurt until a thick dough forms. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces (approximately 3.3 ounces each) and roll out onto a lightly floured surface until 6-8 inches in diameter.
- Divide chicken evenly between dough (approximately 3.5 ounces each) and top each with 1 Tablespoon of cheese.
- Fold dough over the top to form a half circle, press edges shut with your hand then use a fork to crimp and secure the edges of each empanada.
- Place empanadas on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, then whisk egg and brush on the top and sides of each empanada. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
MFP: MFF Honey Lime Chicken Empanadas
Serving: 1 empanada | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.6g | Protein: 26.9g | Fat: 3.3g