Pear & Pecan Green Salad
Servings 6 people
- 6 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spring salad mix
- 6 slices Hormel Natural Choice Fully Cooked Bacon diced
- 1 ounce gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 8 ounces bartlett pears sliced
- Serve with preferred dressing light balsamic, raspberry vinaigrette, etc. and log dressing separately.
- Add chopped pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, chili powder and salt to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until sugar is melted and pecans are evenly coated. Remove from heat and spread pecans on wax paper or foil in an even layer; let cool completely.
- Add salad, bacon, cheese and pears to a large serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Toss candied pecans in salad before serving and serve with preferred salad dressing.
MFP: MFF Pear and Pecan Green Salad June 2021
Serving: 2.4ounces | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.6g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 7.3g