Oven Roasted BBQ Tri Tip
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds beef tri tip
- 1/4 cup G Hughes BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, smoked paprika, pepper, onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder. Rub mixture into the meat on all sides. Once oil is hot, place tri tip fat-side down in the pan. Sear the meat by cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 135 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and baste with BBQ sauce then return to the oven and cook on high broil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
MFP: MFF Oven Roasted BBQ Tri Tip February 2022
Serving: 4.8ounces | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26.8g | Fat: 19.6g