Servings 8 people
- 1 cup Simply Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Make sauce by combining orange juice, Truvia, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk continuously for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Whisk slurry into sauce and cook, stirring continuously, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat (until around 350 degrees F). Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine Kodiak Cakes and cornstarch in a shallow bowl or dish. In a separate dish, whisk together eggs and egg white.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then Kodiak Cakes mixture. Working in batches, cook several pieces of chicken at a time in hot oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through. Carefully remove chicken from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towel and repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Toss cooked chicken in sauce before serving, heat through if needed, and garnish with green onion.
MFP: MFF Orange Chicken March 2021
Serving: 7.4ounces | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 19.4g