Servings 8 people
- 16 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to skillet. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until completely cooked through and golden brown on the outside. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium- high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add flour and cook for an additional minute. Whisk in milk until well combined. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add parmesan cheese and nutmeg and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add chicken back to the skillet and heat through. Pour sauce over cooked pasta, stir to combine and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
MFP: MFF Chicken Alfredo
Serving: 9.3ounces | Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g