Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg then coat in Kodiak Cakes mixture and place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet. Generously spray the tops of chicken nuggets with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning and spraying with cooking spray halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in salt, honey, chili sauce, rice vinegar and soy sauce until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch then whisk into skillet. Cook, stirring continuously, until thickened. Toss cooked chicken in sauce and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
MFP: MFF Honey Chicken March 2022
Serving: 5ounces | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.6g | Protein: 33.9g | Fat: 7.3g