Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice (juice reserved)
- 4 ounces green bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- Water as needed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper until combined.
- Using your hands or a cookie dough scoop, form mixture into 1-inch balls. Place meatballs, pineapple chunks and bell pepper in an even layer on prepared pan and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by whisking together 1 cup reserved pineapple juice (if there isn’t enough left from the can, add enough water to get 1 cup of liquid), brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
MFP: MFF Hawaiian MeatballsJune 2022
Serving: 10ounces | Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 31.3g | Fat: 10.7g