Chicken Parmesan Skillet Pasta
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) pkg. uncooked ziti pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella divided
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe pot or skillet and add chicken. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder then cook for 6-8 minutes, until the outside is no longer pink.
- Stir in marinara sauce, water and uncooked ziti and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat, spread pasta in an even layer in the skillet and sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. In a small bowl, combine melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Transfer pan to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until breadcrumbs are toasted. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
MFP:MFF Chicken Parmesan Skillet Pasta June 2022
Serving: 13.3ounces | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.3g | Protein: 34.4g | Fat: 20.4g