Ham and Cheese Breakfast Enchiladas
Servings 8 people
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Mission Carb Balance Soft Taco White Flour Tortillas
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon diced
- 2 cups reduced–fat shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- Cream Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a large skillet over medium heat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour into preheated skillet.
- Use a rubber spatula to pull in the cooked edges of the eggs into the center of the pan.
- Continue until all eggs are cooked and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide eggs evenly between 8 tortillas. Top with 1 ounce diced Canadian bacon and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Roll up and place seem-side down in the prepared pan.
- For the cream sauce, melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add flour and whisk until combined and cook, stirring continuously, for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in broth until completely smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in Greek yogurt and green chilies; pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese and green onion on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
MFP: MFF Ham and Cheese Breakfast Enchiladas
Serving: 8.1ounces | Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.4g | Protein: 26.8g | Fat: 17.9g