Ground Turkey Taco Salad
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 18 ounces romaine lettuce chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato diced
- 3/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup corn rinsed and drained
- 6 Tablespoons green onion diced
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion and cook, breaking up meat, until turkey is cooked through and onion is tender. Drain excess liquid from the pan.
- Return to heat and season with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and garlic powder; mix until well combined. Add water and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until water has evaporated; remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble each salad by placing 3 ounces of lettuce on each plate, dividing turkey mixture evenly between salads (approx. 3.2 ounces each) and topping with 2 Tablespoons cheese, 2 Tablespoons tomato, 2 Tablespoons black beans, 2 Tablespoons corn and 1 Tablespoon green onion.
- Top with your favorite dressing (log separately). I like to use fat-free ranch or some of the Bolthouse dressings.
MFP: MFF Ground Turkey Taco Salad February 2022
Serving: 9.6ounces | Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 29.8g | Fat: 15.8g