Ground Turkey Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn drained
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add turkey and break up the meat, cooking until no longer pink. Mix in tomatoes, chicken broth, pinto beans and corn.
- Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper; mix to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with desired toppings (fat free sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeño, etc.). *Nutrition information doesn’t include toppings.
Serving is 1/8 of recipe.
MFP: MFF Ground Turkey Chili
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.1g | Protein: 18.9g | Fat: 8.5g