Servings 8 people
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 Tablespoons bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water and then mix with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated; dough will be sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours or until doubled in size.
- After bread has risen, place an oven safe pot with a lid (or dutch oven) in the oven while it preheats to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 Tablespoons of flour on a clean surface then scrape dough out of the bowl. Use a dough scraper or spatula and fold the sides of the dough inwards incorporating flour and forming a round shape.
- Slide a large piece of parchment paper next to the dough then flip the dough over onto the paper and slide to the middle, reshaping to keep round as needed. Remove the pot from the oven and use the paper to place the dough into the pot and cover with the lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered, then bake uncovered for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
MFP: MFF Crusty Bread
Serving: 3.2ounces | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.4g | Protein: 6.3g