Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne
Servings 8 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) pkg. uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces then season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until chicken is lightly browned on the outside (you don’t need to cook it all the way through as it will continue to cook as it simmers). Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper and uncooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover the skillet and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir In parmesan cheese until melted. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
MFP: MFF Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne October 2022
Serving: 9.8ounces | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.9g | Protein: 40.6g | Fat: 10.9g