Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound diced cooked chicken
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until light brown in color. Whisk in milk, chicken stock and salt until well combined and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower, reduce heat to medium, and let simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Pour soup into a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth then add back to the pot.
- Mix in greek yogurt, shredded cheeses and cooked chicken until combined and warmed through.
MFP: MFF Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup
Serving: 14.3ounces | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.4g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 17.5g