Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds fully cooked shrimp peeled and deveined; diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese divided
- 8 Xtreme Wellness Tortilla Wraps
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilis
- 1/4 cup mild green enchilada sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté bell peppers and onion for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper mixture, diced shrimp, cilantro, salt, chili powder, cumin and 1 cup of cheese. Divide mixture evenly between tortillas, roll up and place seam-side down in prepared pan.
- To make the cream sauce, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk until combined and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in broth until completely smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and mix in Greek yogurt, green chiles and enchilada sauce.
- Pour evenly over the top of enchiladas and top with remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through, then turn oven to high broil and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until golden brown.
MFP: MFF Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas September 2022
Serving: 9.2ounces | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.4g | Protein: 33.5g | Fat: 13g