Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- 1 14.5 ounce pkg. Barilla Protein+ Penne
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Sprinkle flour in the pan and slowly whisk in chicken broth, stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil to thicken sauce. Once sauce has thickened, add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Remove from heat and mix in cooked penne, chicken and parmesan cheese until well combined.
1 serving is 1/6 of the recipe. MFP: MFF Creamy Chicken & Spinach Pasta
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.7g | Protein: 40.9g | Fat: 11.3g