Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices Jennie-O Turkey Bacon diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 3 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 1/2 pounds golden Yukon potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally, then remove from pot and set aside. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, then add celery and garlic and cook for an additional minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and stir until combined; saute for an additional minute stirring occasionally. Add the clam juice, milk, potatoes, Old Bay, thyme, salt, pepper and clams; mix until combined.
- Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes have softened, stirring every few minutes to avoid having potatoes stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the potatoes have softened, add bacon back to the pot and remove bay leaf. Remove from heat and mix in yogurt until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
MFP: MFF Clam Chowder December 2020
Serving: 402grams | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.2g | Protein: 35.5g | Fat: 8.2g