Chicken Fried Steak
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 6 ounce cube steaks
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat
- Place milk in a shallow dish or bowl; set aside. Combine Kodiak Cakes and steak seasoning in a shallow dish or bowl; set aside.
- Submerge each steak in milk, coat in Kodiak Cakes mixture then place in skillet, cooking 3-5 minutes on each side (or until you reach desired doneness). Remove steaks and set aside on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add butter to the same skillet and whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute then gradually whisk in milk and season with pepper, salt and garlic powder. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon (1 ounce) gravy over each steak and serve.
Serving size – 1 steak + 1 ounce gravy
MFP: MFF Chicken Fried Steak
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.8g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 14.7g