Chicken Corn Chowder
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles undrained
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups frozen golden corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 pound cooked diced chicken
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 2-3 minutes or until flour turns golden brown.
- Mix in green chiles and chicken broth then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn, salt, pepper, milk, cooked chicken and cheese. Cook for 10 minutes, or until corn and chicken are heated through and cheese is melted.
MFP: MFF Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving: 10.8ounces | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.5g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 12g