Chicken And Dumplings
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine Greek yogurt and flour until a thick dough forms. If dough is too dry, add a little water until dough comes together; set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle flour on top, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute. Add evaporated milk and chicken stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil then add cooked chicken, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, then carefully drop 1 Tablespoon size dough pieces into the soup. Press dough down into the soup until fully submerged.
- Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked through (they will still have a soft consistency) and serve.
MFP: MFF Chicken and Dumplings February 2022
Serving: 15.2ounces | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.7g | Protein: 33.6g | Fat: 9.1g