Braided Chicken Pot Pie
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle flour on top and stir until combined. Slowly mix in chicken broth and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and mix in peas and carrots, chicken, and cheese until well combined; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine self rising flour and Greek yogurt until a thick dough forms. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle (approximately 10”x14”) then place on prepared pan.
- Spread chicken mixture down the center of the dough, leaving 2-3 inches of dough on each side. Use a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch diagonal strips down each side of the dough. Fold 1-inch strips up and over the filling, alternating sides to create a braid.
- Brush egg on top and sides then sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until crust is lightly golden brown. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes then cut into slices and serve.
MFP: MFF Braided Chicken Pot Pie August 2021
Serving: 9.6ounces | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.9g | Protein: 38.4g | Fat: 15.1g