Baked Spinach Macaroni and Cheese
Servings 8 people
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Add onion and cook for another minute.
- Whisk in milk and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Once thickened, remove from heat and mix in cheddar cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Add cooked macaroni and spinach. Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with breadcrumbs and spray top with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
MFP: MFF Baked Spinach Macaroni.December 2020
Serving: 7ounces | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.2g | Protein: 16.3g | Fat: 10.4g