Baked Corn Dogs
Servings 12 corn dogs
- 12 (6 inch) bamboo skewers
- 12 Hebrew National 97% Fat-Free Beef Franks
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 2 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal divided
- 1/4 cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Push a skewer up the center of each hot dog, leaving 2-inches of the skewer exposed.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, milk, honey and eggs until smooth. Add Kodiak cakes, 2 cups cornmeal, Truvia and salt; mix until well combined and a thick dough forms.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces (3.4 ounces each). Press each piece of dough flat on a clean surface covered with cornmeal.
- Wrap each piece of dough around the beef franks, using hands to close all seams. Place on prepared baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
MFP: MFF Baked Corn Dogs April 2021
Serving: 1 corn dog | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.8g | Protein: 14.4g | Fat: 7g