Autumn Chopped Salad
Servings 6 people
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 pound chopped romaine
- 2 ounces red onion sliced
- 3 ounces sliced bartlett pear sliced
- 1 ounce reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1 ounce cooked bacon (approx. 6 slices) diced
- 1 ounce 50% less sugar dried cranberries
- Add chopped pecans, sugar and cinnamon to a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Stir continuously until sugar has melted completely and pecans are coated in glaze. Spread on parchment or wax paper to cool.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside and store in the refrigerator until serving.
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Toss salad in dressing immediately before serving, or serve with dressing on the side. If making ahead of time, wait to add candied pecans until right before serving.
1 serving: 4.3 ounces salad + 1.3 ounces dressing
MFP: MFF Autumn Chopped Salad November 2021
Serving: 4.3ounces | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.1g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 8.8g