Servings 6 people
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine self-rising flour and Greek yogurt until a thick dough forms. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a larger rectangle (approximately 10”x14”); place on prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up meat, until meat is cooked through and onion is tender. Add black beans and cook until heated through.
- Season meat mixture with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and garlic powder then mix to combine. Add water and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until water has evaporated; remove from heat.
- Spread beef mixture down the center of the dough leaving 2-3 inches of dough on each side. Top with ¾ cup cheese. Use a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch diagonal strips down each side of the dough. Fold 1-inch strip sup and over the filling, alternating sides to create a braid.
- Brush egg on the top and sides of the braid and sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese on top. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes then cut into slices before serving.
MFP: MFF Taco Braid August 2022
Serving: 7.7ounces | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.3g | Protein: 34.3g | Fat: 12.2g