Slow Cooker Mexican Pork Tacos
Servings 24 tacos
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 pound boneless pork loin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 24 Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, salt, brown sugar, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon and cloves. Rub seasoning mix on the outside of the pork loin; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place pork loin in the skillet and sear until browned on all sides (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Place pork in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Don’t add any additional liquid to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and place in a bowl. Shred pork and mix in 1 cup of sauce from the slow cooker; set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Wrap 6 tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Divide shredded pork (1.4 ounces each) and cheese (0.3 ounces each) evenly between tortillas, fold in half and place on prepared baking sheet and gently press down to hold shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted. Turn oven to high broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Mexican Pork Tacos
Serving: 2.1ounces | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.6g | Protein: 14.5g | Fat: 8.2g