Slow Cooker Jalapeño Corn Bread
Servings 10 people
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 50 grams vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen yellow corn
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker with foil and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, protein powder, corn, jalapeño, cheese, Truvia, baking powder and salt. Mix in eggs, chicken broth and melted butter until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared slow cooker and spread in an even layer. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Remove lid, cover slow cooker with a clean dish towel, replace lid and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- After cooking, carefully remove cornbread from the slow cooker using foil, drizzle honey on top, cut into pieces and serve.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Jalapeño Cornbread June 2022
Serving: 4.3ounces | Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.1g | Protein: 10.6g | Fat: 6.4g