Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pulled Pork
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings in juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper then place pork loin in the skillet and sear until browned on all sides (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Place pork in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together juice from canned pineapple rings (store the pineapple rings in the refrigerator for serving), soy sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and place in a large bowl and shred. Pour sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to make a slurry then whisk into the saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Pour sauce over the meat and stir to combine. Serve each serving of pork (5.4 ounces) with a reserved pineapple ring. Serve on a bun, wrap, etc. (log separately).
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pulled Pork
Serving: 5.4ounces | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 31.8g | Fat: 11.8g