Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup Smuckers Simply Fruit Apricot Spread
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on each side then place in the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown then place in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onion to the same pan and cook for 5 minutes or until tender then place in the slow cooker over chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, soy sauce, dijon and ginger then pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, shred chicken in the slow cooker and mix into sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken September 2022
Serving: 6.6 ounces | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.9g | Protein: 32.2g | Fat: 9g