Smothered Pork Chops
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mashed potatoes optional side dish
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium- high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and place in skillet.
- Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on the outside. Remove pork chops from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until tender, then set aside with pork chops.
- Melt butter in skillet and whisk in flour. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly brown. Whisk in beef broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add pork chops and mushrooms back to the skillet and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes, if desired (not included in nutrition information).
1 serving: 1/6 of recipe
MFP: MFF Smothered Pork Chops
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.8g | Protein: 26.7g | Fat: 21.6g