Baked Coconut Shrimp
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/4 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a full-size baking sheet (or two half sheets) with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Rinse and pat shrimp dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut flakes, breadcrumbs, flour, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Dip each piece of shrimp in egg, coat in coconut mixture, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue until each piece of shrimp is coated then spray shrimp generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven, flip shrimp over and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
*Serve with apricot dipping sauce, if desired. MFP: MFF Baked Coconut Shrimp
Serving: 5.2ounces | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.4g | Protein: 36.3g | Fat: 13.1g