Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons green onion diced; for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in egg, coat in Kodiak Cakes mixture then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Generously spray the tops of chicken pieces with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning and spraying with cooking spray halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and ginger paste and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch then whisk into skillet. Cook, stirring continuously, until thickened. Toss cooked chicken in sauce and garnish with green onion before serving.
MFP: MFF Mongolian Chicken
Serving: 5.8ounces | Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.8g | Protein: 30.5g | Fat: 8.4g