Macaroni & Cheese
Servings 8 people
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, salt, pepper, ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbling around the edges of the pan.
- Whisk in chicken broth and milk then cook, stirring constantly, until boiling. Let boil for 1 minute, then remove skillet from heat.
- Add cheddar and parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce and serve.
MFP: MFF Macaroni and Cheese May 2021
Serving: 9.1ounces | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 18.3g | Fat: 12.9g