Servings 8 people
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cut or pound chicken breasts to 1⁄2-inch thickness and season with salt; set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl or dish. Whisk eggs and water together in a separate bowl or dish and place panko bread crumbs in a third bowl or dish.
- Coat each piece of chicken by dredging it in flour, followed by egg wash then bread crumbs. Place immediately in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on the outside.
- Make sure chicken is cooked through (or has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F) before removing from the skillet. Cut into thin slices before serving.
MFP: MFF Katsu Chicken October 2021
Serving: 5.4ounces | Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 29.5g | Fat: 18.8g