Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pound pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounce loaf Italian bread if loaf is too large, hollow out the center until it weighs 16 ounces
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 ounces dill pickle slices
- 6 ounces deli sliced ham
- 2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper then place pork loin in the skillet and sear until browned on all sides (about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Place pork in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. When done cooking, use two forks to shred pork and mix in with drippings left in the slow cooker.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut french bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on baking sheet.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of mustard on each half of the bread, then top with pickles, shredded pork, ham and shredded cheese.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.
MFP: MFF Cuban Melt August 2022
Serving: 6.5ounces | Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.6g | Protein: 31.7g | Fat: 19.2g