Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (13.6 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 4- 5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, salt, ginger, basil and cayenne pepper. Pour into skillet and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch to make a slurry then stir into skillet. Let cook for a few minutes, until thickened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch to make a slurry then stir into skillet. Let cook for a few minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro before serving.
MFP: MFF Coconut Thai Curry Chicken June 2022
Serving: 7.1ounces | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.2g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13.8g