Chicken Tomato Gnocchi
Servings 8 people
- 2 pounds uncooked potato gnocchi
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese Fresh basil for garnish
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Mix in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is golden brown then whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, then stir in diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch then add to skillet and stir to combine. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Add chicken and gnocchi to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until heated through. Top with parmesan cheese and basil, remove from heat and serve.
MFP: MFF Chicken Tomato Gnocchi April 2021
Serving: 12.5ounces | Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.8g | Protein: 22.2g | Fat: 6.5g