BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion minced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning or rub
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cooked onion mixture, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, BBQ seasoning and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine BBQ sauce and ketchup. Add 1⁄4 cup of the BBQ sauce mixture to the meat mixture and reserve the rest for topping.
- Once meat mixture is well incorporated, use hands to form mixture into a loaf shape (approximately 8”x4”) on prepared pan. Brush remaining BBQ sauce on the top and sides of the loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let rest a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
MFP: MFF BBQ Turkey Meatloaf July 2021
Serving: 5ounces | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.7g | Protein: 24.9g | Fat: 12.2g