Baked Sweet & Sour Pork
Servings 6 people
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin cut into bite- sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Dip pork pieces into egg mixture, then Kodiak Cakes mixture until completely coated then place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until all pork is coated then spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. Spread onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and pineapple in the pan with the pork. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sesame oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk until combined. In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch then whisk into saucepan. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer until sauce has thickened then remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over pork after cooked, toss to coat evenly and serve.
MFP: MFF Baked Sweet and Sour Pork May 2021
Serving: 10.1ounces | Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 56.1g | Protein: 42.7g | Fat: 7.4g