Baked Onion Rings
Servings 6 people
- 2 sweet onions cut into 1⁄2-inch wide slices
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 10 egg whites or 1 1⁄4 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet (or two half sheets) with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place onion slices in a large mixing bowl filled with water; set aside. In one bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes, salt and pepper. In a second bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and egg whites. In a third bowl, add bread crumbs.
- Remove each onion ring from the water and immediately coat in flour, dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all onion rings are coated.
- Spray the coated onion rings generously with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until onion rings are golden brown.
MFP: MFF Baked Onion Rings March 2021
Serving: 3.7ounces | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.1g | Protein: 14.2g | Fat: 3.1g