Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until light brown in color. Whisk in milk, chicken stock and salt until well combined and bring to a boil.
Add cauliflower, reduce heat to medium, and let simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Pour soup into a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth then add back to the pot.
Mix in greek yogurt, shredded cheeses and cooked chicken until combined and warmed through.
MFP: MFF Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Soup
Serving: 14.3ounces | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.4g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 17.5g