Servings 6 people
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds 92% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 4 ounces 1⁄3 less fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add parsley and cook an additional 2-3 minutes then remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and allspice. Add onion mixture and mix to combine. Form into 24 equal sized meatballs (approx. 37 grams each).
- Add beef broth into the same skillet and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and place meatballs in the skillet. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove meatballs from the skillet and set aside on a serving dish. Add softened cream cheese to the skillet and whisk into broth until smooth. Add meatballs back to the skillet and let simmer until sauce has thickened.
1 serving: 4 meatballs
MFP: MFF Swedish Meatballs May 2021
Serving: 11.2ounces | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.6g | Protein: 25.3g | Fat: 15.6g