Southwestern Egg Rolls
Servings 24 egg rolls
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeños seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook, breaking up, until browned; drain excess grease.
- Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeño and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add black beans, corn, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; mix until combined and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat, clean surface. Divide chicken mixture evenly between egg roll wrappers (approximately 2 Tablespoons per wrapper).
- To make each egg roll, brush water on the edge of the egg roll wrapper. Fold two sides of the egg roll in, then fold the bottom up (creating an envelope). Roll the egg roll up and place seam-side down in prepared pan.
- Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. If using an air fryer, cook at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
MFP: MFF Southwestern Egg Rolls February 2021
Serving: 1 egg roll | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.9g | Protein: 8.4g | Fat: 3.8g