Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast I used Smithfield brand
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese divided
- 8 Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups mild green enchilada sauce divided
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Sear the pork roast on all sides until brown and place in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano, chili powder and cumin; sprinkle on top of roast. Top roast with minced garlic and green chiles, then pour chicken broth around the sides. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-7 hours. When done cooking, remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Divide shredded pork and 1 1⁄2 cups cheese evenly between tortillas. Roll up and place seam-side down in the prepared pan. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving, if desired.
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas March 2021
Serving: 6.84ounces | Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.2g | Protein: 36.3g | Fat: 19.4g