Slow Cooker Chile Colorado Burritos
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 beef bouillon cubes crushed
- 8 Xtreme Wellness Tortilla Wraps
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese divided
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the outside of roast generously with salt and pepper and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side in the hot skillet, then place roast in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the same skillet, whisk together tomato sauce, vegetable broth, flour, chili powder, garlic powder and crushed bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil and and cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until thickened, then pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. After cooking, remove beef from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Preheat oven to high broil. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Divide meat evenly (approx. 1.8 ounces each) between tortillas, top with 2 Tablespoons of cheese and roll up, tucking the sides in, and place seam side down in prepared pan.
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker over the top and sprinkle on remaining cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serving size: 1 burrito
MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Chile Colorado Burrito September 2021
Serving: 5.5ounces | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.1g | Protein: 24.3g | Fat: 24.3g