Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos
Servings 18 tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 3/4 cup mild red enchilada sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 18 yellow corn tortillas
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion, enchilada sauce, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin and salt; mix to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- When finished cooking, place chicken in a separate bowl and shred. Mix in 1⁄4 cup of sauce from the slow cooker and cheese in with the chicken until combined; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave 6 at a time for 30 seconds to make them easier to fold. Divide chicken mixture evenly between tortillas (approx. 1.6 ounces each), fold in half and place on prepared baking sheet and gently press down to hold shape. If desired, brush some additional sauce from the slow cooker on the tops of the tacos.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted. Turn oven to high broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown.
Serving size – 1 taco – 2.2 ounces MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos September 2022
Serving: 2.2 ounces | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.9g | Protein: 12.8g | Fat: 3.9g