Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Servings 6 people
- 1 pound dried navy beans rinsed well and drained
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain beans thoroughly then transfer to a large bowl and fill with cool water until beans are covered completely. Cover and soak at room temperature for 10-12 hours (or overnight).
- Drain beans thoroughly and place in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onion, dark brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, mustard, water, salt and pepper to the slow cooker; mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beans are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Keep warm in slow cooker until serving.
*Soak beans overnight MFP: MFF Slow Cooker Baked Beans May 2021
Serving: 7ounces | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 56.8g | Protein: 11.6g | Fat: 1.9g